Sito web - Annuario - Le Collezioni - Notiziario Tematico - Articoli e Pubblicazioni - Contatti
Oggi è 19/03/2024 8:12

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: interi postali
MessaggioInviato: 06/01/2010 21:32 
Non connesso

Hello,
I'm looking for informations on italian postal stationery like the attached picture (print of 100 cards, 250 cards...) : printed to private order, semi official, offical ... ???
Do you if i can find a website on such postal stationery.
Thank you.

Allegati:
5606-2715-1.jpg
5606-2715-1.jpg [ 33.95 KiB | Osservato 5120 volte ]
5606-2712-1.jpg
5606-2712-1.jpg [ 42.4 KiB | Osservato 5120 volte ]
 Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: interi postali
MessaggioInviato: 06/01/2010 23:55 
Non connesso

It one of the so-called "stamped-to-order" postcards.
The cards on which the postage stamp value was printed were supplied by private entities. Even white cards were entitled to be stamped by the postal administration.
This service lasted officially from 1.4.1894 to 16.06.1895. Some white cards with printed stamps, however, remained in the hands of the privates that for few years used them to add commemorative drawings and texts, as in the case of your card.

To my knowledge, there is no website presenting them. But they are listed in the very good catalogue of Italian Postal Stationeries: Franco Filanci et al, INTERITALIA - Manuale catalogo specialiazzato degli interi postali dell'area italiana, published by Laser Invest http://www.laserinvest.com/editoria/editoria.htm

Tematiche: Ferrovie (specialmente Africa e in generale <1960), Trasporti urbani, Funivie
Storia postale: Posta ferroviaria e tramviaria, Perfin, Marcofilia del regno d'Italia

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 07/01/2010 0:45 
Non connesso

This card is a sort of "strange object"
The Interitalia catalogue (ed. 2008) shows the following:
On page 227/ cat. #30, shows the address side of the card exactly like the one shown
by our friend, with imprinted 10c. stamp on this side, while the illustrated side (front) shows
a scene of the 5 days of Milan's revolt.
On page 228/cat.# 35, there is an illustration (in an oval) similar to the one shown by our friend,
but with the IMPRINTED STAMP ON THIS SIDE, while the front shown above DOES NOT have
the imprint. Therefore I believe that the shown item is either a unique rarity, or a FREAK.
:ciao:

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 07/01/2010 4:07 
Non connesso

If our friend phono has shown the two sides of the same card, of course something is "strange": the first image is dated 1899, the second one 1898.
No problem, instead, if he has shown two different cards.

:ciao: :ciao: :ciao:

Responsabile Servizio Clienti Delcampe Italia

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 09/01/2010 18:32 
Non connesso

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

It's 2 different card, not a rarity ..

you wrote "This service lasted officially from 1.4.1894 to 16.06.1895" but we find card in 1900/1902, can you explain ?

A belgian friend write me that stamped card (without text and picture, only the stamp) where sold to commercial, humane or cultural authorities ("concessione Ministeriale 28 Febb. 1894"). They print the picture on the card ; it seems not to be card "printed to private order" but a private print.

how can we differentiate card "print to private order" or "private print on card bought to post office" ?? :?:

thank you.
:ciao:

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 10/01/2010 18:17 
Non connesso

phono ha scritto:
how can we differentiate card "print to private order" or "private print on card bought to post office" ?? :?:
Hi phono,
the only way to distinguish them is to use the catalogue. Realizing the catalogue, they studied all the laws referred to these issues.

In this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15
Paolo and Ezio talk about these cards.

:ciao: :ciao: :ciao:

Responsabile Servizio Clienti Delcampe Italia

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 10/01/2010 20:10 
Non connesso

phono ha scritto:
Hello,

thank you for your answer.

It's 2 different card, not a rarity ..

you wrote "This service lasted officially from 1.4.1894 to 16.06.1895" but we find card in 1900/1902, can you explain ?

Already explained in my first post, the post office stamped also white cards that after mid 1895 remained in the hands of privates. The latter in the following years added commemorative text / figures on those white, stamped cards.

phono ha scritto:
A belgian friend write me that stamped card (without text and picture, only the stamp) where sold to commercial, humane or cultural authorities ("concessione Ministeriale 28 Febb. 1894"). They print the picture on the card ; it seems not to be card "printed to private order" but a private print.

Any after mid 1895 was printed by privates on white cards stamped by the post office previously.

Tematiche: Ferrovie (specialmente Africa e in generale <1960), Trasporti urbani, Funivie
Storia postale: Posta ferroviaria e tramviaria, Perfin, Marcofilia del regno d'Italia

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora