Sito web - Annuario - Le Collezioni - Notiziario Tematico - Articoli e Pubblicazioni - Contatti
Oggi è 29/03/2024 16:50

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Presentation in English
MessaggioInviato: 09/04/2009 9:18 
Non connesso

This is the presentation of I.FI.S.. This forum will be full operative starting 1st May. However, if somebody would like to have further information can contact me privately sending a M.P. (private message). Thanks for the attention. Luciano Calenda

1. The INTERNATIONAL FILABASKET SOCIETY (I.FI.S.) was founded in 2000 grouping about 35 basketball collectors from several countries. The Non Exceutive President is George Killian, (USA); the Chairman of the Steering Committee is Pere Magrané (Spain) while the two other members are Henk Knjinenburg (Netherlands) and Pierre Lehoux (France).
2. Currently I.FI.S. consists of more than 50 individual collectors and 4 Organizations (such as FIBA Europe, FISU, Fundaciò del Basquet Català. Catalunya, Spain, and Fundaciò Pedro Ferrandiz, Spain). Among the individual collectors we have very important persons, such as a member of the International Olympic Committee (George Killian, USA, who is also the President of the FISU, the International University Sport Federation and US member in the CIO; he is also former President of FIBA), or former players of the Italian Basketball National Team (Stelio Posar and Paolo Bianchi), or International Referees (Alexei Davydov from Russia, Menashe Harman from Israel and Marcello Reatto from Italy) or important Officers of National Sport Organizations (Manuel Ribeiro da Silva from Portugal) and, obviously, many other collectors who were former basketball players!
3. I.FI.S. publishes – every four months – a magazine (in English) entirely devoted to basketball philately: 40 full coloured pages (plus a 4 page cover)! Its name is FILABASKET REVIEW (see the attached scan copy).
Allegato:
1.copertina.jpg
1.copertina.jpg [ 39.49 KiB | Osservato 4876 volte ]

4. I.FI.S. also issues the following publications:
- a catalogue of the manual and mechanic cancellations on basketball used worldwide and updated on a yearly basis.
- A full colour catalogue of the postal stationery items (cards, envelopes, aerogramme) issued worldwide.
- The yearly update of the new basketball stamps issued worldwide. This means a few pages (also in colour) every year showing the stamps issued in the previous year.
- A catalogue of all the worldwide meter cancels; this section shows more than 500 different meter cancels on Basketball theme and is updated on a yearly basis!
5. I.FI.S. handles an “Exchange items” activity among members through photocopies and soon through this ‘forum’.
6. I.FI.S. tries to organize a meeting with all members every 2 – 3 years. So far we have
met 4 times (1993 in Porto San Giorgio, Italy; 1994 in Reus, Spain; 1997 Barcelona, Spain; 1998 Athens, Greece) when I.FI.S. was not founded yet. The 1st ‘official’ meeting of our Society was held again in Reus, in November 2004, and 2nd was held in Vasto, Italy, on September 21st 2007.
7. The subscription fees are Euro 30,00 (US $ 35.00) per year for individual or organizations as ‘normal’ members; the ‘Supporter’ members pay Euro 130,00 (US $ 150.00). Members are entitled to receive 3 issues of our magazine, Filabasket Review (in each issue there is a philatelic gift such as a stamp, a cancellation or an item of postal stationery); the membership card; the ‘Directory’ of our association with the addresses of all our members (both postal and electronic ones) and all the new publications (catalogues and so on).
Luciano Calenda
P.O.Box 17126 - Grottarossa
00189 - Rome (Italy)
lcalenda@yahoo.it

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora