Sito web - Annuario - Le Collezioni - Notiziario Tematico - Articoli e Pubblicazioni - Contatti
Oggi è 23/04/2024 13:54

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Enigma on page 26 of FR 32
MessaggioInviato: 27/08/2010 9:44 
Non connesso

Two days after the shipment of the new issue of our magazine, I got the answer to the enigma on page 26.
Henk Knijnenburg wrote:
<<Almost certain I know the solution of the above mentioned mystery. If you had taken the first character of the word right (W instead M) than you could have found the whole story on the internet. Columbian Wyandottes is a chicken of an American breed, usually white laced with black and named after a North American Indian tribe. This chicken is available in 6 or 7 races and "Columbian" is one of them. Mr. Fry was obviously a chicken keeper and his letter indeed has nothing to do with basketball. I recognized this word immediately because my parents in the old days kept this chicken, between several other races, as well.>>
This answer confirms the interpretation made by a friend of mine (Italian friend but English mother-tongue) some months ago; I decided to keep it on hold waiting for a double check. Here is her answer (in Italian but you can understand the key words):
<< Dunque, la parola indecifrabile mi sembra sia (Columbian) Wyandottes, cioè una razza americana di polli nani. Che cosa ci possa entrare con il basket non lo so.
Ciao, Marisa>>
This message will be published in F.R. 33 as well.
Luciano

Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Enigma on page 26 of FR 32
MessaggioInviato: 02/09/2010 22:12 
Non connesso

I received the third answer by Mark Maestrone; the answer is the same but...now there is also a picture of the Columbian Wyandottes...
Thanks, Mark.
Luciano
Allegato:
securedownload.png
securedownload.png [ 137.26 KiB | Osservato 3077 volte ]

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora